Overview and learning objectives
This course is designed for grooming crews and their related service providers management team to obtain the required knowledge of industry (Transport Canada, FAA, and the EASA) requirements and best practices for the safe and efficient grooming of an aircraft with particular emphasis on pandemic control and safety protocols.
This course aims to provide all key processes, knowledge, and procedures, including using various chemicals to successfully prepare the aircraft for a safe and comfortable flight to its next destination for onboard passengers and crew members alike.
The purpose of this course is to
- Provide current and relevant aircraft grooming standards and requirements.
- Confirm knowledge transfer and competence for aircraft grooming crews knowledge and deployment of best practices.
- Enable aircraft owners and operators to be satisfied that grooming staff have the required knowledge to be in full compliance with current industry regulations, best practices and recommendations.
- Course participants will be required to pass a comprehensive written exam before obtaining the grooming services certificate.
- The critical role of aircraft grooming in a pandemic world
- Comply with regulatory grooming standards, requirements, and recommendations
- Staff safety and best practices to systematically and efficiently groom an aircraft
- Become familiar with the tools and workflow for differing aircraft sizes and complexities
This course is designed for
- Aircraft grooming team members, their service provider supervisory team, and aircraft owners (airlines, private aircraft owners)
This course is designed to be completed within 2 days.
Course Module Subject Headings
Module 1 – History and Types of Aircraft Grooming
Module 2 – Aircraft Cleaning and Disinfection
Module 3 – Staff Competency Requirements
Module 4 – Grooming Techniques
Module 5 – Cabin Grooming Audits and the Language of Aviation